Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Story of two old friends – Jags and Vicky

 met with Jags aka Jaggu dada aka bengali  first time some 17 years ago in my school . He was one of the biggest bully , I have encountered in school. At that time , He was taller and stronger than his peers .  He knew all kind of words which we even did not know the meaning at that time . Those words seems new in dictionary .. Only thing we knew that we are not supposed to ask their meaning from elders :)  . I was good student ... Life was going fine ... There were small - small fights over missing lunch box or pencil box lost or  summer vacations assignments missing but life was fun :)  ..
In 7th standard , on one fine day ... Jags and I got involved in a fight and I broke my leg :) .. Ha Ha ..  Jags and Bunny ( Pankaj Baniyawal , another bully)  dropped me at home instructing about code of conduct that i am not supposed to tell how it happened ....I reached home and told my sisters that It just happened while playing :) .. But my happiness were short lived as one of my  caring friend dropped home in evening and told whole incidence to my sister .. My sister went to school next day and told everything to Pricipal . Grrr .. I dont know why ???? :)  .. when class came to know about the complaint .. I became subject of shame in peers as I broke the bro's code of conducts ...... Jags was asked to come in staff room and I don’t  know what happened inside but  he came back with cool face that nothing happened in staff room ( Lyer :) ) .. I wish story ended here but it's not  :( ... Couple of my locality friend , got hold of Jags after school and gave him a little thrash . My friends did  not tell me about this .This might have given image boost  and ego satisfaction to my locality friend but it ignited the matter . On next day , when i reached school with broken leg .. I got to know whole incidence and Man.. I was become villain .. I remember , next day in assembly , my principal told " I will not tell the name of student..but one student who got his leg fractured asked outside people to resolve conflict .. This is wrong .. Talk with teachers .. Oppss looks the guts of 7th standard student ..Grrr " .. ... Yes .. Thanks Principi .. You did best effort to hide my identity ... All teachers saw me as they did not expect me that i could have done that ... I was thinking .. Yaar .. I got my leg fractured .. I did  not call any one .. and still i am getting  blamed ...... And during lunch recession , Jags was laughing like hell .. Making my wounds more severe :)
But after this incidence , Bully group stopped bullying me . I guess they were little bit impressed that my local friends involved in matter without my asking and moreover feeling guilty that i am coming school for whole 6 weeks with broken leg .. Other group did not like ( or scared ) with whole incidence ...... This was my first experience of changing group dynamic ism .  Jags and his friends  became my friends . I started helping them in assignments and in exams cheating .. They helped me in bunking classes by including me in Scouts or Sports practice  . Jags and I became good friends . I still remember , we used to go to Priya  and used to stand in long queues for 12 Rs ticket . I used to run away from my lawn 's  gate and took my sister's scooty to go to Chanakya for night show  with Jags and other friends.  We used to go to Pragati Maidan ( which was free ) and used to jump to Appu Ghar ( which was paid ) :) as both have same boundary .  Did all possible styles with tie , blazers , pull overs and tucking of shirts  thinking that we were looking Kool .. :) . Tried to become each other wing man also :) .  Giving innovative names to teachers , stealing people lunch or making monitor mess :) . Hanging out in  newly built Delhi hat bazaar on week end Or Reaching Lodhi Garden or Sanjay park every morning on summer vacations. Going for local cricket championship ..(Jags and other folks were really good cricker .. I was average player but was on good improving curve ) or searching Palika Bazar for new video game CD or new Rolex / Omega watch from street hawkers :)

I started going to Jags's home and it was my first experience to Bengali culture . He was very strict in attending evening pooja .. I also sometimes sit with him for this and went to couple of times in CR park.   Jags used to play harmonium for prayer .. It was so great .. I tried to learn but my mind was so fickle to learn any music instrument.. ..It stated my desire to learn any music insturment . Jags was different preson in home. He got great etiquette and has rich vocab (  Two diverse vocab set : ) . My first experience with multi personality person :)  )  With so much masti , we both improved our grades . I was topper in school  and Jags was  coming 3 rd .

I changed the school because of some reasons . Jags and I both changed our place .  I met with Jags after 12 years on this Jan ( Thanks Orkut !! )  .. I could not talk with him much as it was small get together . .

I came to Delhi on this March and decided to met with him  in person .. Before meeting in person with Jags .. I was worried what we will talk as there is whole disconnect of 12 years ..But when we met .. we just talked like as there was no disconnect .. I think this is the quality of old and real friends , whenever you met them ., you will  not find disconnect  It was so fun to meet with old friend .  This guy liked our conversation so much that he took office off on Monday ...
Currently , Jags also started playing guitar  . I was getting bore so he gave me his guitar and tried  to taught me couple of songs...  All in vain :) Attaching One prayer ( Bengali ) and one song .. Jags is singing









Currently , Jags is trying to go to UK for MBA studies .He is a lead in Delhi based company.  Vicky is in working in IT company. .

6 comments:

Siddhartha Prakash said...

The song is so nice.. i searched it on youtube.. amazing lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVnSW3Oy9Vk

Vikrant said...

True !!!

I know Jags's voice is great .. What about Guitar ? :) It has D G A chords

Unknown said...

I liked the way you have narrated the whole episode of school life. Lil push can make u philosopher :) .

Vikrant said...

He He He ..

Started pulling my leg :) . Let me come back to Delhi to return the favor :)

Siddhartha Prakash said...

Guitar is good as well.... :)

Siddhartha Prakash said...

"I was average player but was on good improving curve"

I love this comment :)