Sunday, February 14, 2010

Review Time - To Do List

Some 6 months ago , One of my good old friend told very seriously about  "To Do" list  and suggested me  to watch "dasvidaniya" and "bucketlist" came up.. I downloaded both but could see "dasvidaniya" only . I found it nice .. I liked the concept that at the end .. Hero looked for the incomplete desires which may not look big for others.... We keep on postponing these small ( or Big ) desires till end and never complete them... So , I decided to make my list and would review them back on Feb ( after 6 months )  .....  I thought that it is too personal and why should i share in blog but on second thoughts , it may help some one to make his own "To Do List"









S.No
WishList
Result
1.
*******
Put my best efforts ... But failed :(  ..........
2.
*******
Failed again :(  ..

    1.  
Sketching
Started  sketching after gap of 5 years  and overcome shyness to share with folks ….. I am not as good as I used to be.... But I realized that it was not as hard to restart  again :) ..
4.
Ride on bullet and travel around on Highways with friends.
Completed with group of best friends . Went for 4 day bike journey in Leh / Ledhak / kashmir .

Nice journey .. Lot of amazing  stories .  It was nice bro group ! ... 
    1.  
Get rid of my fear of heights
Last year , I developed fear of heights because of an  accident  … I want to get rid of it . Went to couple of mountains in  J&;K, Pune and Karnataka ...
    1.  
Learn a music instrument
Learning guitar for last 4-5 months. Taking professional help  .. I am very bad at it …..Learning very slow ...But my teacher and my friend keep encouraging me :)  
    1.  
Have a pet
Buzo ;) .. My Building dog !
8.
Be regular in Gym
Lost 10 Kg weight in last 4 months :) .  Thanks to my instructor who calls me every morning . 
    1.  
Improve my communication specially vocal ..
Still pending … :(  . Went to Toastmaster , pick up couple of grammar books , Reading variety of books , started blogging but still long way to go for …..
    1.  
Help others in achieving their dreams and talking with people
This is long wish ..    I stated calling back home  and old frds.

Proactively Started helping colleagues and non colleagues whenever possible 

At the end of 6 months ,When I see back ... I might haven't have done exception job but certainly put efforts on all  wishes .... I know this wish list seems quite simple .. it doest not have very big goals but I want to make it very simple and short time bound .. 


I learnt three things with this activity : 

1. Write down your wish list and giving some time on AIs.

2.  For me , all above wishes were pending for a long time and I was not able to give time to them ...But when I wrote down them and started devoting  some time then I found that our desires are not as difficult as we initially thought of before starting them . ... 

So Rather than devoting time on dreaming about dreams .. start putting some time on dreams ...... Try to come to reach some logical conclusion as this will help to pick up new dreams ... Our brain is just like bucket .. Take out some stuff so that new stuff can come up :) 

3. Every package comes with a price tag and one needs to pay for it .. On working for my "To-do" list , I realized that i am paying a price for it ...... It was mix feeling , I was excited and happy as I was working on my To DO list  
but little bit tense as paying a price in one or some other form .. So be ready to sacrifice when you are working on "to do" list .. Nothing comes for free :) ..So better make a choice now  rather repenting later for price.....


Want to make next "To Do" list soon .. First item on  my next "To Do" list is :::: > Make a "To Do" List :) 


2 comments:

TheWhiteLight said...

Niceeee :)// I have to make to do.. Very inspirational

Vikrant said...

He He He .. Thanks :)