Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Parenting – Tough job

Some time ago , I was having some discussion with my mom over phone on some important point . We both were not in sync and some how my tone got changed …. ( My Bad :(  ) . My mom sensed it out and just hung up the phone saying that you would understand whey you become father … 

Any way this was not the first time I heard this sarcasm from her and I guess not the last time , at least till I really become one .  I generally don’t pay much attention on such comments as I am sure when I call her . Both of us will be normal after a heated discussion and that is common for any parent – child relationship. But this time , i put some thought on this .. Reasons could be as some of my friends got married or some become / going to become  parents soon or I had to pass the time or find some topic for blog :)

I tried to see parent – child  issues from parent side .  So , we should start from married life . Married life is bliss for most of the people i know . But one thing i noticed that after marriage people get into  new commitments  for their spouse and they had to lessen their activity with their office / non office group .  So .. I guess it is the first sacrifice :) ..  During the pregnancy, working woman had to do some compromise with office work .. Carrying a baby for whole 9 months not an easy job . ..

For 1- 5 years , it is very critical period for baby ..  Protecting your clothes , learning to change dipers or keeping awake whole night as child sleeping time does not match .  Try to teach basics like ABC or 123 and keep listening it again and again … Remembering all dates for vaccination or saving your papers when child starts learning to walk.

5 –10 years , getting admission in school , picking from school , teaching new stuff , start liking cartoon networks or telling bed time stories or attending B’day parties

Teen age : Very difficult time , Replying on tough questions like why hair  - on the arms , legs , and other unimaginable places - what good does that do anyone ?  or for some Girls .. some games become tough like soccer .. Boys .. harder time with the body hair and the high-pitched fluctuations of a breaking voice , not to mention acne..Teaching how to adapt with first heart burns .. or adapting them to cut throat competition .

18-22 : Career Career :) ..Only one question :::  kaya banoga ( what will you  become ) ? Whether my child get into good college .. And after college whether he / she will get some good jobs .. Moreover , Children also start challenging the parents… Generations gap start looking more visible ….

22 – 30 :  Parents got in tension of getting child into a job and after that ..  either searching for child’s spouse ( if arranged ) or may be coping with children’s choice ( love ) .. or may be nothing …

I think , parenting is not an easy job .. Sometimes we just start taking our parents for granted as we know that our parents will forgive us as they love us …. Dont take for granted as it is short life …

No comments: