Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Another Chance

We all have close to death experience in our life ... Quoting some of mine close experience in reverse chronological order .....

1. Fell off the bike on way back from Khardung La to base tent : Khardung La is highest mountable road in world .For past few days , I spent most of day time in riding and night time in talking with my travel group ( 2 other people ) .. That day was the sunny day . I reached at top and started moving down immediately as need to start for Srinagar. Before moving down , I froze my fingers as tried some sketching on ice canvas :) ...I hardly rode 10 minutes when a first sharp curve came and I was on valley side of road . As expected , it was a narrow kutcha road.. Bike skidded and fell off . Bike was over me . My hands were rolling down the edge of track . I can feel the dust while breathing . I can feel sweat on my forehead when there was ice lying around .Lovely valley view started looking so dangerous. Tension lines came on foreheads of my Kool friends when they saw me lying . It was cloooose escape .. I guess just because , it was heavy bike , Bike was holding me from falling down . I never had great feeling when I touched the ground after falling off the bike or bike over me .But that day was special .. Smell of sand was never so sweet. Feel of road was never so great :).. (Leh-Sringar journey is another big interesting story )

2. Driving up and down on snowing Snowqualmie with Dodge's Challenger : Challenger is out of proportion Sedan with 2WD . Weather forecast was fine , so I never thought that it will start snowing in Snowqualmie , I put no chains on wheels while starting. As expected , Road was fine initially but it turned into a bad track as we drove up . It started drizzling and later snowing .. We should have start moving back as soon drizzling started . Drizzling in mountains means that it is snowing up ,I did not know that .. As car moved up , it started snowing , car was skidding like hell . It was very narrow track .. Either , we need to turn back or leave the car there only . It was big car and track was narrow and slippery .. As we had drove up high in altitude , there was deep valley down so taking U turn and driving downhill was risky . We decided to drove downhill only . Some how we reached a place where we could take U-turn and drove down .. It was risky ride .. We should not have drove so high and should have called 911 instead of taking U turn and driving down ..

3. Bike came under Truck : Happened in Hyderabad . I was dropping my friend . Streets lights were not working . I hit a dog and fell off . Dog was crushed to death . Worse yet to come :) . A fast truck was coming behind us , ran over my bike .. I was lying on road and could see my bike going up ,down ,up and down as truck;s wheel went over it . I was few feets away from it .. It was also paining . Then i realized blood and meat pieces over me .. I was shocked and confused whose is it ..... I confirmed instantaneous that i am fine and my friend is also fine . Meshed dog was lying there :-( .. Thanks God , we dropped on left hand side , not on right hand side ...

4. Hit by car in college : I stayed in Dwarka for my college days . At that time , it was not densely crowded . People used to test their vehicle's maximum speed on Dwarka roads .. I had a practical exam in morning . I was just crossing a desolate crossroad when a speedy car hit me from back .. I don't remember what happened when I was hit .. I just remember that I woke up after unknown time , struggling with bike over me on a desolate road. But yes , It was most relaxing snap I had for unknown duration. I somehow managed to pull off the bike and went for exam .. I was late and had to sit with other group for practical exam .. I cannot forget this accident as it left an interesting mark over my wrist.

I know there could be more accidents which I never realized.

My point is that .. We get chances either by serendipity or by efforts . outcome of these chances effect us . Opportunities don't come easily and second chances come rarely . Sometimes we screwed off second chance also ..Getting bad feeling is obvious for any failed chance. It is not wrong feeling but don't exaggerate any emotion whatever the result ...

It is always better to consider every new day as another chance and respect it ... Again .. easy to say than to follow

1 comment:

Ranjan Rao said...

I knew it!
cat has 9 lives dog has none
and a bugger(friend) like you should be having 99