Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tablet : My wishlist

Apple is launching iTablet on this 26 Jan ... There are big rumors about this tablet but Apple is keeping secret for big show :) .. Steve Jobs has claimed that iSlate will bring similar revolution in ebook  and information industry as  iPod did for music industry ....
Not sure whether this iTablet is another e-reader ??

My wish list for tablet laptop

Better Stylus support :
Tablet should recognize my stylus inputs much better. It should be like the way a person write on paper with pen .....current stylus recognizability software are not very great...
It should come with multi touch support feature ..
It should have better note keeping software ( described below ) which can help in accessing my old and new sketched notes.

At the end , I should be able to replace my sketch book with tablet.

User Experience (UX) : 
Microsoft had done big mistake of not changing the user experience for its tablet version .. Microsoft did not change the UX for tablet users...... Microsoft just added stylus and handwriting support ( which sucks big time :( ) and keep the same UX ... I think Microsoft had done the same mistake of not changing the UX with windows mobile 5.0 but this blog is talking about tablet ... So I should better stick to Tablet only :)
Tablet Laptop should have great user experience and should cater to tablet users ... . Apple is far ahead in terms of user exp. It has shown the world in Mach , iPhone and iPod ... I am expecting some great UX in tablet.... I would not surprise if there are some 3D effects :)

Convertible ( With Physical Keyboard )  Vs Sleek Tablets :
I will prefer Sleek tablets as they are much lighter and smaller in width with better virtual keyboard.

Virtual Keyboards :
No doubt a person can type much faster than write .. So i would like to have great virtual keyboard with gravity effect . For sleek tablets , Virtual keyboard is on screen . Apart from limiting Virtual keyboard on screen ,  I would like that tablet should make image of virtual keyboard on any surface near to tablet and there is a camera to pick up the user inputs.

Better E-book Reader software:
I wish it there are some better free ebook reader software which can help in reading ebook , making notes , bookmarks , browsing the book and comments... Safari Online books has done great for ebook reading ..
I would also like that tablet should be bundled with  some free note making type software . OneNote is great  but it is Microsoft paid software.

Movie Support : 
Tablet should support all type of codecs . It should come with remote control or voice control so that one can rewind or fastforward the movie sitting far away from tablet . I wish tablet can stick it to any kind of wall or incline to any angle with any surface..

USB and 802.11 : 
Tablet should have USB and wireless support.

Application compability : 
I will prefer to have a tablet which supports application comp ability ...

Misc:
It should be cheap :) . Better battery and supports domain connection

Anyway , Apple did not consult me for their tablet but it will be fun to see how will be Apple's new table will be ....Whole world is waiting for iTable / iSlate to see whether Steve Jobs stick to his promise or not...

1 comment:

Vikrant said...

iPad is out ..

It has lot of things which I liked :) .. Big surprise is Apple has come up with its own Processor chips ..

Intel and AMD : Be careful !!!!!!

Things which could be much better :
1. No Multitasking
2. No Flash Support
3. No camera
4. No USB - > Big disappointment
5. No memory slot -> Another disappointment ( specially when 64 GB is maximum)

I will certainly buy it but after an year as Apple has habit of slashing its price...