Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dimishing People contact as We grow on

I am in bombay with my niece and nephews . We are moving around in bombay and having fun . In this visit , I met couple of people from different walk of life . For example , I met guy travelling in local train to guy who has his own personal boat .

One of thing I realized that I always loved to met with different people and interact with them . In due course of life , I shifted to Hyderabad and somehow stopped doing so ( May be because I could not get opportunity / or could not make out opportunity :)) .

Generally , I have been a well known guy whether it is school or college or company with lot of friends . When i joined Microsoft , I was among the one of most popular guy in group for whole 2-3 years ( What a big deal ..That is what college hires popular for :) ) . I have a nice ability to mold my discussion according to the group and always avoid to aligned to a group ( Non Aligned movement follower :D ) . But down the line , I became concentrated to a fixed set of friends in my company / college. I am not saying whether it is good or bad .. I am just telling about an observation.

Why this happened ?
Is it because we became more and more rigid in our views as we grow on ? Is it because we became more serious about ourselves and our likings / disliking /status ? We dont want to come out our comfort zone or make imaginary class around ourselves and other and became a part of a particular class ?

Meeting new people always give you opportunity to see life in other point of views . It gives you opportunity to find out good and bad things . It makes life less serious . Best thing is it gives an opportunity to increase your friend circle and comfort zone.

Good thing is that I understood that I love to meet with different people ( preferably from different profession ) . I will try my best to meet at least 2 new people in a month . I think this is good start . If it works fine then i may continue it further .

No comments: